Fireworks and the 4th of July go hand-in-hand, but one must remember that fireworks can turn harmless fun into a disastrous, harmful and costly accident—especially for homeowners. We’ve all heard of the slogan “Safe and Sane” as it pertains to the Fourth, but we should add “Liable and Well Insured” to that saying. The fact that there are more structural and vehicle fires reported on the Fourth of July more than any other day of the year proves that more precaution needs to be taken (and promoted).
Insurance speak can be a real buzz-kill when looking to get your Fourth Fun On! But if you are a property owner, know that you are personally liable for any property or fire damage done to your home or a neighbor’s property in Las Vegas and/or Henderson Nevada. You are also liable for any bodily harm done. So if your Fourth of July celebration includes fireworks, make it a point to check with your insurance agent first to discuss your policy’s coverage and personal liability limit because even the most well planned fireworks displays can have unforeseen incidents.
Furthermore, if you are still planning on lighting some Fireworks, please use caution and common sense. Here is a list of Firework safety tips from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:
• Light fireworks outdoors in a clear area away from houses or flammable materials such as dry leaves or grass.
• Make sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
• Never ignite fireworks in a container.
• Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of fireworks emergencies.
• Do not relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Instead, soak them in water and throw them away.
• Do not place any part of your body over a firework while lighting it.
Westside Restoration Las Vegas wishes everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July celebration.